Jan 12, 2014

Chapter 21 - Death on the Rialto

 
The Rialto Bridge, Venice
Before I talk about chapter 21, a quick word of thanks to one of my readers. She pointed out that in chapter 20 I was starting to weaken Celia too much by making her so insecure about her appearance. The reader felt that by doing so I was seeking to explain her going to bed with Tomi as an attempt to win approval from a man and this made her look vain and trivial. 
This was not my intention, but I could see how it could look like that.
As a result I've adjusted the bedroom scene in chapter 20 quite a bit. You can see the new improved version on the right under 'Good Stuff'. I wanted to mention this as an example of how seriously I take people's feedback. Send me more!

Chapter 21 - Death on the Rialto. Long term readers of this blog will remember that I published an earlier version of this chapter about a year ago (yes, it is that long!). This version stays largely the same with some adaptations to take account of what has been written since then. Venice is one of my favourite cities (I wrote a novella several years ago called 'Peril in Venice' which you can find on Amazon here if you're interested) so I enjoyed writing it.

Audio files of both chapters are on the right under 'Good Stuff'.

The story so far ... After leaving Zagreb, Celia changes trains in Villach in order to go to Venice with Franz. What she doesn't realise is that the Colonel has sent somebody to follow her ...


Chapter 21 – Death on the Rialto can now be found under 'Good Stuff'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?